Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reading, Workshops, & More

Considering it's been almost a month since I last posted, I thought I'd offer an explanation to my readers. In the past month, I have returned to school from winter break, chosen a course schedule combining my love of poetry with my academic interest in women's studies, and begun feminist volunteer work. In short, I've been a busy girl!

This semester, I am enrolled in two social science courses and a writing course; all of which will allow me to pursue a study of feminist thought. I plan to construct an essay centered around women's health advocacy and contraceptive equality rights, and indulge in the rather feminist poetry of Sharon Olds. Additionally, I am currently in the process of putting together a version of "Feminist Coming Out Day" on our campus. FCOD was originally started by feminist blogger Lena Chen, a graduate student at Harvard. Furthermore, I am also looking into attending the Young Feminist Leadership Conference held in Washington D.C.

And, last, but not least, I've provided a reading list produced by Bitch magazine for anyone interested in a little feminist reading: Young Adult Feminist Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment